The First Amendment does not protect you from:
- Criticism: If you’re a comedian who makes a bad rape joke, people are allowed to point out that you’re not funny as well as an asshole.
- Shame: If you tweet something racist about President Obama on your public Twitter account that’s connected to your first and last name, people are allowed to say that is bad.
- The Right to Anonymity: If you take creepy photos of women without their consent and post them on Reddit, people are allowed to try and figure out who you are and post your information on the internet. No one is entitled to anonymity. It’s up to you whether to make it easy for people to find you.
- Mockery: If you put yourself out there that means your peers (and news outlets) have the right to LOL and comment.
- Consequences: If you publicly express yourself in a manner that is offensive, hurtful, or just plain dumb, strangers might contact your friends/family/school/employer and tell them what you did. That is not infringing on your right to free speech; it’s pointing out how you choose to exercise that right. Like the rest of the federal constitution, the First Amendment protects us from the government, not from private companies, which may be able to fire or otherwise punish you for stuff you say, even if it’s outside of work. The laws protecting the free speech of private employees vary from state to state, aside from specifically protected speech like labor organizing. Here are some guidelines for public employees and students.
via An Idiot’s Guide to Free Speech
TWEWY SPOILERS. Do not read if you haven’t played this perfect game.
Anyway, I’M SORRY THANO, IT GOT OUT OF HAND. Drawn for mawiles who never fails to cheer me up with her boundless excitement for everything quality.
High res view to read <3!!
See this is actually a really neat look at how history works.
Who writes the history books?
That feel when you keep forgetting to submit pictures you’ve drawn
SHSL Soap Star Astrid Blackburn AKA one of my only foreign dangans I’ve become really fond of her as of late
Your voice sounds completely different in different languages. It alters your personality somehow. I don’t think people get the same feeling from you. The rhythm changes. Because the rhythm of the language is different, it changes your inner rhythm and that changes how you process everything.
When I hear myself speak French, I look at myself differently. Certain aspects will feel closer to the way I feel or the way I am and others won’t. I like that—to tour different sides of yourself. I often find when looking at people who are comfortable in many languages, they’re more comfortable talking about emotional stuff in a certain language or political stuff in another and that’s really interesting, how people relate to those languages.
Just found a metal band that makes music for younger kids.
And they sing about sea creatures going on adventures.
Also the members of the band all have shark fursonas.
The world is an amazing place.
Oh my god.
Just laughed so hard. Bad mood gon :P
RIGHT? YOU CAN’T NOT SMILE WHILE LISTENING TO THAT SONG.
SHARKY SHARKY IS THE ULTIMATE MOOD FIXER!
GOD BLESS SHARKY SHARKY.
So I’m playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, right
Bow: No começo as batalhas tendem a ser com poucas unidades pra vc se habituar
Ray: like I said I’m impatient I don’t want to look through every angle it’d take so fucking long
Bow: you’re a strategist in ths game e.e
Ray: and my strategy is LEAVE TO FATE
Ray: JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL
I remember how much her realization that she was “never going to be good enough for him” resonated with me when I first watched this movie. She decided to push herself, not to be with him, but to prove him the fuck wrong.
Strong female role models who can still wear pink and love fashion. Yes yes yes.
I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE OH MY GODDDDDDDDDD
CAN WE JUST STOP FOR A SEC THO?
HE’S INSULTING HER FOR BEING DUMB
SHE GOT INTO THAT SCHOOL ON HER OWN.
WARNER NEEDED HIS DADDY TO CALL THEM TO BE ABLE TO GET IN.
I LOVE THIS MOVIE NO ONE EVEN UNDERSTANDS.
There's a little story in the "Homens, Espadas e Tomates" (super awesome book about Port, by Rainer Daehnhardt) with Neddie and Port that I thought you might enjoy. During the 1st siege of Diu Port ran out of bullets, but had enough gunpowder for one more shot. So he decided to rip out one of his own teeth and use it as ammunition (and Turkey, who was caught off guard, got hit squarely in the face). But it was Ned, who was traveling there as a priest, that told everyone else in Europe the story.
Thank you so much for telling me this omg I am in love with that story amsdhg
I’m so sorry Turkey
Obama on gay adoption
yeah totally ruining this country what a horrible guy
Fun fact: Obama has attempted to fix almost everything that he promised to fix, but the republicans have voted almost all of his bills out of congress. He’s not the problem.